Saturday, July 17, 2010

Wabble Wabble

Niquo Joe is so fun to watch, as he goes through his slow (but EVER so fast) progressions. Nowadays, he's working on standing and walking with his push toy.  He walks just like a duck, with his poochy diaper looking like a duck tail and all. And, oh how his hips move!  And OH how far his feet turn out (it's taken me YEARS of work to *somewhat* fix that in my own walk)... I finall broke down and got the cheapest version of TV I could think of (can't be doin' no research or nothing), and I can get all the public stations.  Niquo Joe gets to watch cartoons in the morning, the way we used to!  It's such a trip to see how he likes the different shows.  He digs Sid the Science Kid, and The Super Readers (gotta admit; that one's borderline unbearable)... But all our favorite.... Dinosaur Train!

Of course, the next morning Kyle has an opportunity to check him out, he won't do it.  I know Loony Tunes got that singing frog idea from reflecting on time with babies, and kids as far as that goes.

He's got a crazy cool attitude. When he's at home, that is. We're working on getting him out moae, but that's *so* easier said than done. Naps here and there, need to eat, pack up everything in the house to take him out for an hour... It's a must-do, though. So, I took him to the gym with me so he could go to gym school (that's what we call the daycare), and he was alright through my workout. Well, starting after I stopped checking on him through the glass door from behind a poster where I swore I was hidden, but discovered he could see practically every part of me but my face... Pretty embarassing.

And, while I have my moments of self-pity at all the meaningless (in reality) things that feel were this great big sacrifice for my child, it's always so easy to center myself again and realize what it is that I'm wasting good appeciating time on; vapor.

1 comment:

  1. NOTHING is worse than "Martha Speaks". Ha ha ha. Have you seen Word World yet? I love that one! But seriously, whoever conceived the idea for "Martha Speaks" should have to go to jail for it. It's horrid.

    ReplyDelete